1) Kai Danzberg, “Finally Free” (Danzberg): BSDS-0025 / April 19, 2019
2) Paula Carino, “Flying Dream” (Carino): BSDS-0026 / April 26, 2019
3) Blow-Up, “Reckless Hearts (2018 Version)” (DiPuccio/Worth): BSDS-0027 / May 3, 2019
4) Steve Rosenbaum, “Am I Your Drug of Choice?” (Rosenbaum): BSDS-0028 / May 17, 2019
5) In Deed, “I'm Alright (When I'm With You)” (Segersvärd) :BSDS-0029 / June 7, 2019
6) David Brookings & the Average Lookings, “Destiny” (Brookings): BSDS-0030 / June 14, 2019
7) Butch Young, “Captain Serious” (Young): BSDS-0031 / June 21, 2019
8) The Brothers Steve, “Angeline” (Whalen): BSDS-0032 / June 28, 2019
9) Jim Basnight, “Never Get Lost” (Basnight/Oyabe): BSDS-0033 / July 5, 2019
10) Librarians With Hickeys, “Black Velvet Dress” (Carmen/Crooker/Crossley/Wilco): BSDS-0034 / July 12, 2019
11) Sundial Symphony, “Merri Goes Round” (Levinson/Fox): BSDS-0035 / July 19, 2019
12) Kai Danzberg, “Not Only Sunshine (Unplugged Mix featuring Helma)” (Danzberg): BSDS-0025 / April 19, 2019
13) Paula Carino, “Green-Wood” (Carino): BSDS-0026 / April 26, 2019
14) Blow-Up, “What Goes On (Live at The Roxy 1985)” (Lou Reed): BSDS-0027 / May 3, 2019
15) Steve Rosenbaum, “Until It Happens to You” (Rosenbaum): BSDS-0028 / May 17, 2019
16) In Deed, “Holy Ground” (Segersvärd): BSDS-0029 / June 7, 2019
17) David Brookings & the Average Lookings, “Tired of Waiting for You” (Ray Davies): BSDS-0030 / June 14, 2019
18) Butch Young, “Beautiful Dreamer” (Young): BSDS-0031 / June 21, 2019
19) The Brothers Steve, “Carolanne” (Whalen/Donnelly): BSDS-0032 / June 28, 2019
20) Jim Basnight, “Restless Night” (Basnight/DiPuccio): BSDS-0033 / July 5, 2019
21) Librarians With Hickeys, “Alex” (Carmen/Crooker/Crossley/Wilco): BSDS-0034 / July 12, 2019
22) Sundial Symphony, “Looking for Sunsets (In the Early Morning)” (Levinson): BSDS-0035 / July 19, 2019
BIG STIR SINGLES: THE THIRD WAVE is coming to CD Friday September 6, and is available for pre-order at www.bigstirrecords.com/store or download at www.bigstirrecords.com/big-stir-records-compilations now. The disc features fresh (and often exclusive) pairings of A- and B-Sides from Big Stir Records' celebrated weekly Digital Singles Series, from the likes of KAI DANZBERG, PAULA CARINO, BLOW-UP, STEVE ROSENBAUM, IN DEED, DAVID BROOKINGS & THE AVERAGE LOOKINGS, BUTCH YOUNG, THE BROTHERS STEVE, JIM BASNIGHT, LIBRARIANS WITH HICKEYS, and SUNDIAL SYMPHONY, with liner notes from DON VALENTINE of
I DON'T HEAR A SINGLE.
The first installment of the Big Stir Singles CD compilations quickly sold out its first pressing (and is near to doing so in its second). THE SECOND WAVE on CD has garnered even greater acclaim, with the likes of Ian Canty of the UK's LOUDER THAN WAR MAGAZINE, saying of the compilation and its parent series:
“This is music that truly lifts the soul, makes you feel that life can still be fun, that anything is possible. It even gave this aging bag of bones a shot of fresh vigour. That is something you can’t put a price on, that leap of your heart and a touch of romance that makes it feel so good to be alive, something only quality Pop Music can do. Big Stir on The Second Wave gift you tonnes of the stuff. Like a welcome breeze on a boiling hot day, The Second Wave is a pure burst of cool.”
THE THIRD WAVE continues that burst with exclusives from KAI DANZBERG of Hanover Germany, who offers a sneak peek at his forthcoming EP EUPHORIA, while LA's legendary BLOW-UP contributes a brand new re-recording of a classic and a live cut from the vaults. New York's PAULA CARINO delivers our all-time best-selling single “Flying Dream”, tracked with assistance from members of THE BYE BYE BLACKBIRDS and THE CORNER LAUGHERS. STEVE ROSENBAUM of the San Diego pop scene continues to pile up the one-off releases that will doubtless comprise an absolutely epic LP in what we hope is the not-too-distant future!
Elsewhere DAVID BROOKINGS pairs a prime cut from his acclaimed Scorpio Monologue LP with a solo reading of a Kinks classic, and rising Dayton, Ohio stars LIBRARIANS WITH HICKEYS make their bow on CD with twin tracks that amply justify the buzz that's accompanied their arrival on the scene. Longtime Big Stir friend and pop maestro BUTCH YOUNG returns with his first recordings since his debut album MERCURY MAN, with all his charm and songcraft intact. And BSR's own IN DEED (of Uppsala, Sweden) offer a new track from the US edition of their EVEREST album and back it with the lovely, and previously vinyl-only, “Holy Ground”.
During the span from April through July of 2019 anthologized here, BSR was also honored to present the debut of THE BROTHERS STEVE (an offshoot of LA's beloved and much-missed TSAR) who would go on to make a substantial splash on the global pop scene, and showcase ex-MOBERLYS frontman JIM BASNIGHT with a cut from his new album NOT CHANGING paired with a tune co-written with Patrick “Pooch” DiPuccio of BSR's own THE CONDORS. And we also opened ears to SUNDIAL SYMPHONY, featuring LA pop scene all-arounder ROBBIE RIST and DON FRANKEL revisiting a pair of lost sunshine pop classics from PAUL LEVINSON.
The tracks have all received generous airplay throughout THE THIRD WAVE's timespan and we are delighted to once again bring them all together onto physical media as they deserve, with art design by multitalented Singles Series veteran MICHAEL SIMMONS and an exuberant essay from DON VALENTINE serving as the liner notes.
Meanwhile the Fourth Wave continues at www.bigstirrecords.com/big-stir-digital-singles having already featured artists from Kansas City, LA, Phoenix, and Chicago and heading into a run of UK-based co-releases with sister labels like Futureman Records and The Beautiful Music, with many more surprises yet to come!